Accessibility Statement

How to get help and support for mental health

In Kirklees there are a number of ways that you can get support for mental health.  Support is available for everyone including young people who are not in education.

Young People (0-18)

If you need support with the mental health and wellbeing of a child or young person aged 0 to 18 and living in Kirklees, we provide:

  • advice and support programmes for parents and carers
  • therapeutic support for children and young people who attend a Kirklees school, including home educated and college students registered with a Kirklees GP

If a child needs further intensive intervention, they will be referred to their local Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).

About this service

Kirklees Keep in Mind is our new emotional wellbeing and mental health service for Kirklees children, young people and families.  It is part of Kirklees Families Together which is a partnership of services working together to provide the right support for families.

Kirklees Keep in Mind is based around good practice, national requirements and reflects the feedback we have received from parents, families, people who work in educational settings and, most importantly, children and young people

Kirklees Families Together and Kirklees Keep in Mind will support:

  • Children and young people
  • Parents and carers
  • Education settings

If you are concerned about your child's mental health or wellbeing, please speak to your school, if this possible and appropriate.  Schools can request support by completing the KKiM consultation form.

You can also request support by contacting Kirklees Families Together Gateway by:

Locala single point of contact will log the request for support and transfer it to the Families Together Gateway which includes members from Kirklees Council Early Support and Education Psychology, Locala Health and Wellbeing and South West Yorkshire Foundation Trust.  


Support for those over 18

If you need urgent help and support for mental health then please call the Kirklees 24 hour single point of access team on 01924 316830

You can also contact Community Health and Social Care for help on 0300 304 5555 you can also complete an online form:

Contact Community Health and Social Care (opens link in new window)

More support and information can be found on the link below:

Adult Mental Health Support (opens link in same window)

Last updated: 25/04/2024

Useful links

Kirklees logo

Mental health support for children and young people

Support for young people

WY Healthier together

Healthier Together
Kirklees logo

Find Mental Health Support (Adults)

Kirklees Mental Health Support