Accessibility Statement

Getting social care support for a child

What is ‘social care’?

Social care is practical support to help people live well and more independently.  For children and young people, this can support is offered in a number of different ways, such as family support at home or help for a disabled child to access mainstream activities.

Children's social care also manage more serious concerns regarding safeguarding.

There are a number of teams that offer support for children and young people in Kirklees, such as the Children with a disability team, Early support and Children's Services.  These are all part of Children's social care within Kirklees.

You can speak with someone at Kirklees Duty and Advice Team about help and support at home or if you have any concerns about anything concerning a child or young person when they are at home, or in the community.

The number for Kirklees Duty and Advice Team is 01484 456848

When you call, the person at the end of the line will discuss your concerns and direct you to the right team.

You can find more about getting support from some of the teams within Children's social care from the links at the bottom of this page.

Last updated: 28/01/2022

Useful links

The Early Support Service

The Early Support Service

Children's with a disability service

Children with a Disability Service (CWD)

Short Breaks

Short Breaks

Kirklees Duty and Advice team

Kirklees Duty and Advice