Text size:

Mainstream colleges and training providers

Support in mainstream colleges

Further education colleges (those that start at 16) have to follow the same rules as mainstream schools when it comes to providing support for young people with SEND. 

They have to provide support to meet the needs of the young people who attend them.  If a young person has an EHCP, the college will receive extra funding from the Local Council to help them provide the extra support that a young person requires. 

You can also look at this leaflet from C&K Careers about local colleges (opens new page). 

Training providers can also provide support for young people with SEND and can receive additional funding to support those with an EHCP. 

Please see the information below for the mainstream colleges and training providers that are available locally. 

Last updated: 29/09/2020