The community health service works with adults with learning disabilities who cannot access mainstream health services or need support to improve their health.
The team includes:
- Psychiatry (experts in mental health and how it affects you);
- Psychiatry (help you to learn about your feelings and what you can do to feel happier;
- Specialist learning disability nurses;
- Therapists (such as occupational and behavioural therapists who can help you to look after yourself)
- An intensive support team (prevent you going into hospital, losing your home or going to prison).
The team works with young people transferring from children’s service who need specialist planning, as well as adults of all ages.
People with learning disabilities can access all their health professionals in one team and can enjoy better health
Kirklees NHS adult learning disability health service
Fox View Hub, 8 Fox View, Off Halifax Road, Dewsbury, WF13 4AD
Directions and location
Telephone: 01924 316714