There is various support that is available for those that are on the assessment waiting list and for those that have not been accepted for assessment.
You do not always need a diagnosis to access this support
You can speak with Thriving Kirklees about what support is available on 0300 304 55 55
Northorpe Hall can also provide help and support - please go to the Northorpe Hall help for parents/carers webpage by clicking this link (opens in new window)
- Northorpe Hall parent/carer courses – ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) Awareness Session, The teenage brain, Understanding behaviour as communication, sensory course and more.
- Sensory OT service
- Complex communication and interaction team (access via school)
- Children’s Emotional Wellbeing Service (ChEWS): Works with children aged 5-18 offering short term interventions where emotional needs are impacting on their day to day lives.
- Speech and Language Therapy: Work with children with language and communication difficulties. Parents and carers can refer directly.
- PCAN: An independent, parent-led forum in Kirklees for all parents and carers of children and young people with additional needs aged from birth to 25 years.
- The Whole Autism Family: A voluntary support group formed by parents, with all money they raise going directly into supporting families affected by autism. Contact: 07564 256626 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Huddersfield Support Group for Autism (HSGA): Aims to offer help and advice to families living with autism, including Asperger’s syndrome and pathological demand avoidance syndrome (PDA). A confirmed diagnosis of ASD is not needed to join the group. www.hsga.org.uk
- Cerebra UK: Provide sleep support to any family who have a child aged 0-16 with autism or other neurological conditions, development delays or learning difficulties – or who are awaiting an assessment. Telephone – 01267 244200 or 0800328 1159 – email@example.com
- The National Autistic Society Autism Helpline: Information and advice for young people who are autistic, or family members or carers of someone on the autism spectrum – telephone: 0808 800 4104.
- West Yorkshire ADHD support group - We are a peer-led voluntary support group offering a wide range of support to both adults with ADHD and parents/carers of children with ADHD. You/your child does not need a diagnosis to join our group. If you suspect that you/your child may have ADHD, you are very welcome to join us. The support we offer is tailored to the individuals needs and includes listening to concerns and providing moral support, providing information on ADHD and co-morbid conditions and giving practical advice on coping strategies as well as advocacy where required. For more information, send a message via their Facebook page (opens in new window). Or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org