Disabled Persons Railcard
The Disabled Persons Railcard is a type of discount card for train tickets that allows those living with disabilities to enjoy savings of up to 1/3 on their rail travel. If travelling with an adult family member, carer or friend, both individuals can get the discount, and any types of tickets can be purchased throughout the UK rail network.
Who can apply?
The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult.
You will qualify if you:
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
- the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- the higher or middle rate for the care component
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme.