50 Things To Do Before You’re Five
Kirklees 50 Things to do before you’re five is a free downloadable App which contains 50 fun low cost & no cost activities for parents & carers to experience with their children.
It is mainly aimed at children 5 years and under but it can be used with any age of child.
It helps families to develop their home as a learning environment, encourages parental engagement and supports the vital part that families can play in their child’s developmental journey.
50 Things offers a variety of activities that aim to promote early language and literacy development, motor skills, and broaden children’s experiences. Offering a structure that strengthens early life skills, encourages healthier lifestyles, and supports school readiness.
Each activity includes additional information for parents to use whilst completing the activities - key words, links to books, other activities, and resources etc.
Each activity also has additional information for families to help make these activities accessible to those with special educational needs
50 Things has been a particularly useful tool for parents during Covid as many of the activities can be completed in and around the home, the garden and during daily walks.
How do I access it?
The best way to find out more is to download the 50 Things To Do Before You’re Five app. It is available for both Apple and Android devices.
The App functions include:
- Ability to tick of when an activity is completed
- Memories option – to take memorable moments as keep sakes on their own electronic devices of the child enjoying the activities
- Events page – where local events are shared – parents/carers can add to their calendars, keep as a favourite, and tick off when attended
- Questions – (yes/no answers) this function is for 50 Things team to engage with service users to ask for feedback, surveys, ask about groups they may belong to, post codes etc. (NB – all anonymous)
- Notification – this is for 50 Things teams to notify service users of any up-and-coming events, events that are finishing or any new questions or surveys.
You can also go to the 50 Things To Do Before You’re Five website (opens link in new window).
If you want to know more then you can contact the Kirklees 50 things team by email: