In relation to the Inclusion Support Offer, no data will be shared with PCG or stored on their servers.
Inclusion Support Offer (ISO)
The Kirklees Inclusion Support Offer (ISO) provides information, advice and guidance for school staff, specifically SENCO's, about concerns or queries they may have about children or young people with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).
We will sometimes collect information regarding these children or young people to further assist the ISO in delivering support to SENCO's.
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- Personal information including; name, date of birth and address.
- Characteristics including; gender, ethnicity and disability (including details about special educational needs
- Other important information including; SEND assessment information, relevant medical information, social care needs and other special educational needs information.
Why we collect and hold this information
We use this personal data in order to:
- Provide schools with the support and information they need to better support children and young people with SEND.
- Enable us to carry out specific functions for which we are responsible;
- Assess the quality of our services;
- Evaluate and improve our performance;
- Derive statistics which inform decisions about future delivery of services.
The lawful basis on which we use this information
Under Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
6(1)(e) We need it to perform a public task.
These legal bases are underpinned by acts of legislation that dictate what actions can and should be taken by local authorities. This includes, but may not be limited to:
- The Children and Family Act 2014
- Special educational needs and disability code of practice: 0 to 25 years
In order to do this work, we also need to collect some special category data. This is personal data that needs more protection because it is sensitive. Under Article 9 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing special category information are:
9(2)(g) Reasons of substantial public interest (with a basis in law)
How we store your personal information
Your information is safely stored on Kirklees Council’s secure network drives.
We keep this information (personal information including characteristics and SEND information) for 35 years. We will then dispose your information by deleting the files from the Kirklees Council’s secure network drives.
Who we may share your information with
We may sometimes share the information we have collected about you where it is necessary, lawful and fair to do so. In each case we will only share the minimum amount of information, only when required, for the following reasons:
- To safeguard vulnerable children and young people;
- To develop national policies;
- To manage local authority performance;
- To administer and allocate funding;
- To identify and encourage good practice.
We may share this information with:
- Other services and internal teams within Kirklees Council;
- Other partners such as health and the police.
We do not share personal information about you with anyone else without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have a number of rights, including the right to have your records rectified and the right to ask for access to all the information the Council holds about you. These rights are listed in more detail on Kirklees Council’s data protection rights page.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Data.email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
If you would like further information about how we manage your data, please see the Kirklees Council privacy notice.
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please contact: LocalOffer@kirklees.gov.uk
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal data is handled, please contact the Data Protection Officer at DPO@kirklees.gov.uk or by ringing 01484 221000.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. You can contact the ICO via the ‘Contact us’ page on their website, or by ringing 0303 123 1113.