During this time at school, your son/daughter will start to think more about what they want to do when they leave school. School will talk to you about the transition process and provide you with some information.
Before the transition meetings:
- Read any information given to you.
- Make a careful note of the date and time of the meeting.
- Let the school know immediately if you cannot attend so that a different date can be arranged.
- Talk to your son/daughter about how things are now, what should happen next and in the future.
- Fill in any forms and questionnaires sent to you. Make copies before you return them.
- Decide if you want anyone else to be invited – give them plenty of notice and tell the school.
- Decide how you and your son/daughter will share your/their views at the meeting – write notes to take with you if you think it will help.
- Ask for help from your lead practitioner if needed. They can support you before and at the meetings. Remember that the meeting is to help you and your son/daughter.