Accessibility Statement

SENDACT (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Assessment and Commissioning Team)

Kirkgate Building, Byram Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1BY

All about us

This service oversees the application, production, review and commissioning of special educational provision for children and young people with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND), who need additional support above what is normally provided within education settings, and have an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP). This includes provision of personal budgets (where appropriate) for special educational provision which cannot be delivered within an educational setting. They also work with families around complaints and disagreements around special education provision. They also are the gateway for children and young people accessing specialist schools, specialist provisions and alternative provisions.

SENDACT have a new email address for concerns or complaints.  This email address is checked regularly and you will receive a response within one week. 

Who is this service for?

We work with children and young people up to age 25 when they are in an education setting (this can include an independent setting or home education). We work very closely with parents & carers of these young people. We work with children and young people who have any special educational needs or disabilities which requires additional support beyond what is available to every child and young person within education.

How to access what we do

In order to access SENDACT, the child or young person must have a current or be in application of an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP). In order to apply for an EHCP, an application has to be completed, in conjunction with the education provider and/or professionals currently involved. Once they have this application, this will be considered by a SEN (Special Education Needs) panel who can agree or disagree to carry out and Education, Health and Care assessment which can lead to an EHCP being issued. Young people, parents/carers and schools can all apply for an EHCP. Details for how to do this can be found on the relevant section of this site.

Edit this entry