Text size:

Who can I speak with?

Sometimes it can be hard to find who the right person to speak with is.  This page has lots of contact details that might be helpful for you.

If you think that there is someone missing, please let us know at or by calling 01484 416919.

Speech and Language Therapy (SALT)

Tel:  0300 304 5555 (North Kirklees), 01484 344299 (South Kirklees/Huddersfield), 01422 261340 (South Kirklees/Halifax)


Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) (Kirklees) (opens new page)

Tel:  0300 304 55555


Thriving Kirklees - health and wellbeing services for children and families (opens new page)

Tel:  0300 304 5555


Wheelchair services - Ross Care | Mobility Equipment and Shop for Disability Support (opens new page)

Tel:  01422 312 729


Northorpe Hall Child & Family Trust (opens new page)

Tel:  01924 492183


Support for under 5’s with SEND - EYSEND

Tel:  01924 483744



Help to find childcare (nurseries and childminders) for young children with SEND

Tel:  01484 414887



Help to find a schoolSearch schools in Kirklees

Tel:  01484 225014



Help with applying for a school place for a child with special needs

Tel:  01484 456888



Support for children with special needs in schools – speak with the school or call the Local Offer

Tel:  01484 416919


Help at home for those with SEND - Early Support Service

Tel:   01484 456823


Help at home and in the community for those over 18 with SEND -  Gateway to Care

Tel:  01484 414933


Help for children with a disability - Children with a Disability Service

Tel:  01484 456847

(All links open a new page)


Help and support for children and young people with SEND in educationKIAS

Tel:  0300 330 1504


Help and support for parents of children and young people with SENDPCAN

Tel:  07754 102336



Help and support for adults with learning disabilitiesTouchstone ASK 4 Advocacy

Tel:  01924 460211

Last updated: 10/11/2021