Text size:

I need help with my child

I need help with my child - video

I need help with my child

We recognise how important it is to be able to get the right help when it is needed.   Sometimes it can be hard to find the right department or service who can offer help.

This page can help to find the right information or who you can speak with to help you work out what help you might need.

Every situation is different and so different kinds of help are available from different people, departments and service.

Some help we offer is called self-help information, where we provide information through the Local Offer of what you can do as a parent or carer to help your child.  If you are a young person with special educational needs or disabilities you may find some of this information helpful too.

Some help may be where we let you know about other information (sometimes called signposting) from other services or support from different departments in Kirklees Council, as well as help that might come from other places, like voluntary organisations or independent services which you may or may not have to pay for.

Some help we offer will be directly from services which you can contact to make a referral for help, or where other people you might be working with can make a referral to.  This is called targeted support.

Please use the information below to help you find the help you may need.  

You can speak with us on 01484 416919 

You can also email us - 

We will let you know what help you can get.

Last updated: 08/11/2021